Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Scientist: A Radio Presentation In Two Parts

A word from the author:


We live in perilous times where our environment is being destroyed by our worst enemy: ourselves.


If we don’t learn to conserve resources, we will soon find ourselves in grave peril.


Instilling this into our children is one way to preserve our future.


The following is a cautionary tale to frighten youngsters.


Beware. It is a chilling and dangerous look at a future that could someday come to pass.


If your children become too frightened, stop reading and turn on the TV. They will soon forget their worries.


Without further ado, The Scientist.


----


“I’m back from the past and I’ve got the scientist!” The time traveler said.


The scientist squirmed.


“I’ll get started on fixing your drought as soon as I’ve been to the bathroom.”


They pointed him down the hall.


“Why is there a giant litter box?” the scientist asked.


“The drought... conserving water...” they replied sheepishly.


“Fine, fine. I’ll adapt,” the scientist grumped.


Fifteen minutes later the scientist yelled from the bathroom.


“How do I wash my hands?”


They pointed towards the small sand box on the bathroom sink.


“Goddamn time travel,” the scientist muttered as he furiously sand scrubbed his hands.




No comments:

Post a Comment